Pepper-Crusted Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 to 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1. Place tenderloins side by side and tie together with kitchen string. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, buttermilk, thyme, pepper and salt; spread over surface of meat. Press crumbs onto meat.
- 2. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes. Remove string before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 178 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 383mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0g sugars, trace fiber), 25g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 3 lean meat
Reviews for Pepper-Crusted Pork Tenderloin
"Fabulous and easy to prepare! As described in the recipe, it was very moist and elegant looking. Wonderful served with a pepper relish."
"The kids (10 & 13) ate this right up! It was delish! I made my own soft bread crumbs just by processing 2 slices of Ezekiel bread in the food processor....PERFECT for the crumb coating! We'll definitely be making this one again...SOON!"
"A little dry with the fine bread crumbs. Definitely need to use "soft" bread crumbs."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.