Pepper-Crusted Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 to 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1. Place tenderloins side by side and tie together with kitchen string. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, buttermilk, thyme, pepper and salt; spread over surface of meat. Press crumbs onto meat.
- 2. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes. Remove string before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (3 ounces cooked pork) equals 178 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 383 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Pepper-Crusted Pork Tenderloin
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.