- Drain; mash with cheese, milk, 2 tablespoons butter, bacon,
- horseradish sauce, 2 garlic cloves, garlic salt and chives if
- desired; set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a small bowl, combine the coffee,
- brown sugar, pepper and 1 teaspoon salt; rub over beef. Cut a
- lengthwise slit down the center of the tenderloin to within 3/4 in.
- of bottom. Open tenderloin so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap.
- Flatten to 3/4 in. thickness. Remove plastic wrap; mound potato
- mixture over the center. Close tenderloin; tie at 2-in. intervals
- with kitchen string. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 40-45 minutes or until meat reaches
- desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read
- 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove meat to a
- serving platter. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook onion and remaining garlic in oil
- and remaining butter over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until
- onion is golden brown, stirring frequently. Stir in the lemon juice,
- remaining wine and salt. Slice tenderloin; serve with sauce.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 356 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 658 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.