My dad, an incredible person and cook, taught me to make this tenderloin. Whenever I want to make a special, memorable meal to celebrate with our friends, I choose this. —Cindi Breazeale, Granbury, Texas
Recommended: 32 Super Steak Recipes
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (5 to 6 pounds)
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Beau Monde seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Tuck thin tail end of tenderloin under roast for even thickness; tie beef at 3-in. intervals with kitchen string. Place in a large resealable plastic bag. Add Worcestershire sauce, salt, Beau Monde seasoning and lemon juice. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade. Sprinkle beef with pepper. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place beef over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), about 1-1/4 hours, turning and basting with 1/4 cup melted butter. Remove roast from grill; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms with salt and pepper until tender, 8-10 minutes. Stir in lemon juice. Cut string and slice beef. Serve with mushrooms. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pepper-Crusted Beef Tenderloin with Mushrooms in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p147
Reviews for Pepper-Crusted Beef Tenderloin with Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review