Pepper Cheese Patties Recipe
When I was a Cub Scout den mother and Girl Scout leader years ago, many youngsters would ask to stay for dinner when they heard I was serving these burgers. Friends and family still ask for them. - Eleanor Davidson, Pittsboro, North Carolina
- 1 egg
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 15 crackers)
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 jar (5 ounces) pimiento or American sharp cheese spread, softened
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce and tomato slices
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over the mixture and mix well. On a piece of waxed paper, pat meat mixture into a 12-in. square. Spread with cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style. Cut into 2-in. slices. Place on a greased broiler pan.
- 2. Broil for 8 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Serve with buns with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC