When I was a Cub Scout den mother and Girl Scout leader years ago, many youngsters would ask to stay for dinner when they heard I was serving these burgers. Friends and family still ask for them. - Eleanor Davidson, Pittsboro, North Carolina
Recommended: 84 Lemon Recipes from Tart to Sweet
- 1 egg
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 15 crackers)
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 jar (5 ounces) pimiento or American sharp cheese spread, softened
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce and tomato slices
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over the mixture and mix well. On a piece of waxed paper, pat meat mixture into a 12-in. square. Spread with cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style. Cut into 2-in. slices. Place on a greased broiler pan.
- Broil for 8 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Serve with buns with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Cheese Patties in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p94
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pepper Cheese Patties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 15, 2011
"it tastes really good. it is very easy. Now my husband favorite hamburger"