Pepper Cheese Omelet Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, egg whites, milk, paprika, salt and pepper. Coat an 8-in. nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add half of the egg mixture. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- 2. When eggs are set, sprinkle half of the onion, red pepper and cheese over one side; fold omelet over filling. Cover and let stand for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 156 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 221mg cholesterol, 537mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Pepper Cheese Omelet
"Wasn't as spicy as I thought it'd be"
"A dash of hot sauce of salsa might be a good addition. But I would definitely make it again."