Pepper Beef with Cashews Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons beef broth, divided
- 1 each large sweet red, yellow and green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce, optional
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cashew halves
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and pepper over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Add garlic to skillet; cook for 1 minute. Stir in 2 tablespoons broth. Add peppers. Cover and steam for 1 minute.
- 2. Return beef mixture to pan. Stir in oyster sauce if desired and soy sauce. Combine cornstarch with remaining broth until smooth; gradually add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cashews. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 340 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 615 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.