Pepper Beef Goulash Recipe
Peggy Key of Grant, Alabama uses only a couple of common ingredients to turn beef stew meat into a hearty entree. No one will ever guess the secret behind her great goulash--an envelope of sloppy joe seasoning.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours YIELD:4-5 servings
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 envelope sloppy joe seasoning
- 2 to 2-1/4 pounds beef stew meat (3/4-inch cubes)
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the water, tomato paste, vinegar and sloppy joe seasoning. Stir in the beef, celery and green pepper. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours. Serve with rice. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC