Pepper Beef Goulash
Peggy Key of Grant, Alabama uses only a couple of common ingredients to turn beef stew meat into a hearty entree. No one will ever guess the secret behind her great goulash--an envelope of sloppy joe seasoning.
4-5 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 envelope sloppy joe seasoning
- 2 to 2-1/4 pounds beef stew meat (3/4-inch cubes)
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the water, tomato paste, vinegar and
- sloppy joe seasoning. Stir in the beef, celery and green pepper.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours. Serve with rice. Yield: 4-5
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.