- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 envelope sloppy joe seasoning
- 2 to 2-1/4 pounds beef stew meat (3/4-inch cubes)
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the water, tomato paste, vinegar and sloppy joe seasoning. Stir in the beef, celery and green pepper. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours. Serve with rice. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pepper Beef Goulash
"Surprisingly flavorful and oh, so easy! May need to rename it in my recipe box as it doesn't fit under my definition of "goulash" but one way or another, I will find this and make it again!"
"This had a wonderful flavor and was easy to make. We topped it with a little sour cream."
"This is a good way to make goulash, very tasty and different from the sour cream gravy"
"This was tasty! The sauce reminded me of what my mom use to cook stuffed green peppers in. Served white rice AND mashed potatoes."
"This recipe has really good flavor and is sooo easy. The only thing I don't like is that the beef stew meat creates oil/fat in the sauce. The stew meat itself gets the fat cooked off though, and is really good and moist."
"This is an excellent recipe. Easy to put together and everyone in my family enjoyed it from the first time I made it. I cook this on low in my crock pot for 4 hours only."
"Excellent, & Easy!! I'd give it 10 stars if I could. Made it for a family get together and everyone said it was a keeper!! We had this over egg noodles but next time we will try rice or even mashed potatoes. It was a hit at our house and we'll be making it again soon. Thanks for posting this great dish!"
"I made this recipe,so easy and tasty.I served mine over whole wheat noodles,turned out awesome"
"tasted like chiense food. very yummy"
"I was looking for something different to do with stew meat and found this recipe. It is a simple yet so delicious recipe and is now part of my recipe file. A nice easy dish for a busy week night or Sunday dinner.Bert Bell"