Pepper Artichoke Stromboli Recipe
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 2 slices turkey salami, cut in half
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1. Unroll pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Layer the cheese, artichokes, red peppers and salami lengthwise down the center. Fold one long side of dough over filling. Fold other long side over the top; pinch seams and ends to seal.
- 2. Place seam side down on a greased foil-lined baking sheet. Brush with egg white. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Pepper Artichoke Stromboli
"I love making Stromboli, artichokes are a nice addition. I purchase pizza dough from the pizza dept of my favorite grocery store or pizzeria for great flavor. Fillings are endless! We dip in marinara."
"I made this using a whole wheat refrigerated crust and regular salami (what I could find), and my husband and sons all said "Delicious!". They are a pretty picky crowd, so I was excited they liked this as much as I did. And it was easy to put together! I also made a dipping sauce by mixing 8 oz. tomato sauce and 6 oz. tomato paste with 1 tsp sauteed minced garlic, 2 tsp basil, 1 1/2 tsp oregano, and a pinch of sugar (stir over low heat while stromboli bakes). Really delightful. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Very good and easy"