"This is a snap to make, thanks to store-bought pizza dough...and the kids love it," writes Andrea Jones of McKinney, Texas. TIP: "You can use just about any pizza topping as filling to suit different tastes," Andrea writes.
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 2 slices turkey salami, cut in half
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Unroll pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Layer the cheese, artichokes, red peppers and salami lengthwise down the center. Fold one long side of dough over filling. Fold other long side over the top; pinch seams and ends to seal.
- Place seam side down on a greased foil-lined baking sheet. Brush with egg white. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Pepper Artichoke Stromboli in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p17
Reviews for Pepper Artichoke Stromboli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review