Pepper and Salsa Cod Recipe
- 2 cod or haddock fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/3 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Brush both sides of fillets with oil; place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour orange juice over fish; top with salsa and peppers.
- 2. Bake, covered, 17-20 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (calculated without rice): 183 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 512mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Pepper and Salsa Cod
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.