Pepper and Salsa Cod
My husband created this recipe after sampling something similar at a local grocery store.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound cod or haddock fillet
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/3 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Coat a small baking dish with oil. Place fish in dish; sprinkle with
- salt and pepper. Pour orange juice over fish. Top with salsa and
- Cover and bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until peppers are
- tender and fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with rice. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 pound) equals 139 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 497 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.