Peppers add “zing” to this wonderful egg dish, chock-full of herby seasoning. It’s simple to put together for breakfast or brunch. —Kristin Cummins, Mogadore, OH
Featured In: 57 Recipes with Fresh Herbs
- 12 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced pickled peppers
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, herbs, salt and pepper until blended.
- In a 10-in. broiler-safe skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Pour in egg mixture. Cook, covered, 10-12 minutes or until nearly set. Top with pickled peppers and cheese.
- Broil 4-5 in. from heat 3-4 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pepper and Fresh Herb Frittata in Country Woman August/September 2009, p25
Reviews for Pepper and Fresh Herb Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review