Pepper 'n' Chicken Fettuccine Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt-free herb seasoning blend, divided
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon seasoning blend; cook 30 seconds longer. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the peppers and onion in remaining oil for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook 2 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in broth and remaining seasoning blend.
- 3. Return chicken to pan; heat through. Drain fettuccine; toss with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 300 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.