Pepper 'n' Chicken Fettuccine Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt-free herb seasoning blend, divided
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon seasoning blend; cook 30 seconds longer. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the peppers and onion in remaining oil for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook 2 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in broth and remaining seasoning blend.
- Return chicken to pan; heat through. Drain fettuccine; toss with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pepper 'n' Chicken Fettuccine
Sort By :
The pasta to "stuff" ratio is very small, thus, double the pasta and it will be better. The taste was good, but I wouldn't pay full-price for all the peppers.