- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt-free herb seasoning blend, divided
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon seasoning blend; cook 30 seconds longer. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the peppers and onion in remaining oil for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook 2 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in broth and remaining seasoning blend.
- Return chicken to pan; heat through. Drain fettuccine; toss with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pepper 'n' Chicken Fettuccine
"The pasta to "stuff" ratio is very small, thus, double the pasta and it will be better. The taste was good, but I wouldn't pay full-price for all the peppers."