- In a large bowl, combine the egg white, tortilla chips, jalapenos and
- salt. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into four
- patties. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes on each side or until a meat
- thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear, basting
- occasionally with glaze.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute peppers and onion in oil until
- crisp-tender. Remove from the heat; stir in cilantro and salt.
- Top burgers with pepper mixture and cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 581 calories, 36 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 1,113 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.