Pepper & Jack Smothered Cheeseburgers Recipe
- 1/2 cup honey mustard salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1/4 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 3 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 poblano peppers, julienned
- 2 Anaheim peppers, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices pepper Jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1. For glaze, combine the salad dressing, lime juice and chipotle pepper in a blender; cover and process until blended. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the egg white, tortilla chips, jalapenos and salt. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear, basting occasionally with glaze.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute peppers and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Remove from the heat; stir in cilantro and salt.
- 5. Top burgers with pepper mixture and cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 581 calories, 36g fat (9g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 1113mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein
Reviews for Pepper & Jack Smothered Cheeseburgers
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.