- 1/2 cup honey mustard salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1/4 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 3 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 poblano peppers, julienned
- 2 Anaheim peppers, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices pepper Jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- For glaze, combine the salad dressing, lime juice and chipotle pepper in a blender; cover and process until blended. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg white, tortilla chips, jalapenos and salt. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear, basting occasionally with glaze.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute peppers and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Remove from the heat; stir in cilantro and salt.
- Top burgers with pepper mixture and cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pepper & Jack Smothered Cheeseburgers in Country Woman August/September 2009, p31
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Pepper & Jack Smothered Cheeseburgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review