Pennsylvania-Style Pork Roast
Our children wouldn't dream of eating sauerkraut until they tasted it with this tender and juicy pork roast at a family celebration. They devoured it and went back for seconds! Now it's a mainstay in my pork recipe file.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 2 hours 10 min. + standing
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sauerkraut, undrained
- 1 teaspoon sugar, optional
- 8 ounces Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; rub over roast.
- Place roast fat side up in a Dutch oven. Combine sauerkraut and
- sugar if desired. Spoon sauerkraut and sausage over and around
- Cover and bake at 350° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 ounces) equals 191 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 353 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.