Pennsylvania-Style Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sauerkraut, undrained
- 1 teaspoon sugar, optional
- 8 ounces smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; rub over roast. Place roast fat side up in a Dutch oven. Combine sauerkraut and sugar if desired. Spoon sauerkraut and sausage over and around roast.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (3 ounces) equals 191 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 353 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Pennsylvania-Style Pork Roast
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer