Pennsylvania Dutch Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in butter. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Combine the pineapple juice, ketchup, vinegar, honey, mustard and salt; add to drippings. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Pour over chops.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove chops and keep warm.
- 4. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water; stir in pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 151 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 387 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer