- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in butter. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Combine the pineapple juice, ketchup, vinegar, honey, mustard and salt; add to drippings. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Pour over chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove chops and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water; stir in pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pennsylvania Dutch Pork Chops
"A true taste of Lancaster County PA. I really don't think you need to thicken the sauce with the cornstarch/water mixture. The sauce thickened enough in the oven!"
"I did not make with the ingredients listed when I opened the fridge my hubby drank the last of the piineapple juice so i used orange juice. I was also out of white vinegar so I used apple cider vinegar they came out so moist with great raves from the family."
"I used boneless pork loin chops and it only needed 45 minutes cooking time total."
"I'ma make this for my family it looks good so I hope they will like it! :}~ SMILE!"
"Very good! This recipe was delicious!"