Pennsylvania Dutch Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in butter. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Combine the pineapple juice, ketchup, vinegar, honey, mustard and salt; add to drippings. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Pour over chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove chops and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water; stir in pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pennsylvania Dutch Pork Chops
Sort By :
A true taste of Lancaster County PA. I really don't think you need to thicken the sauce with the cornstarch/water mixture. The sauce thickened enough in the oven!
I did not make with the ingredients listed when I opened the fridge my hubby drank the last of the piineapple juice so i used orange juice. I was also out of white vinegar so I used apple cider vinegar they came out so moist with great raves from the family.
I used boneless pork loin chops and it only needed 45 minutes cooking time total.
Very good! This recipe was delicious!