Pennsylvania Dutch Cucumbers Recipe
- 3 to 4 small cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dill seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch sugar
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Slice tomatoes, optional
- 1. Peel cucumbers; slice paper-thin into a bowl. Sprinkle with salt; cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- 2. Rinse and drain cucumbers. Pat gently to press out excess liquid. In a large bowl, combine cucumbers and onion; set aside. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, vinegar, chives, dill seed, pepper and sugar.
- 3. Just before serving, add dressing to cucumbers; toss to coat. Arrange lettuce and tomatoes in a serving bowl if desired. Top with cucumbers Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 61 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 406 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Pennsylvania Dutch Cucumbers
"definately reminded me of my younger days when my grandmother made them for us Yum"