Pennsylvania Dutch Coleslaw
My mother used to make this salad on holidays. With all the cabbage that is grown here in the Northwest, the recipe is a real natural for us!
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 medium head green cabbage, shredded (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 4 to 5 carrots, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage and carrots; set aside. In a small
- bowl, combine all remaining ingredients; pour over cabbage mixture.
- Toss well and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 146 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 239 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.