Penne with Veggies 'n' Black Beans Recipe
- 10 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup julienned green or sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh basil, oregano and thyme or 1 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, green pepper, onion, garlic and seasonings in 1 tablespoon oil until crisp-tender. Stir in the beans.
- 2. Drain pasta; add to vegetable mixture. Add tomatoes and remaining olive oil; toss gently. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cup: 315 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 502mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 7g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Penne with Veggies 'n' Black Beans
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.