- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, trimmed
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-7 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Add spinach, olives, salt and pepper; cook and stir over medium heat until spinach is wilted. Drain pasta; top with tomato mixture and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPenne with Tomatoes & White Beans
"This looks delicious! I don't have many penne recipes, so thank you so much for this. :D"
"FANTASTIC! My other half is a meat lover but even he told me to make this again."
"This is a great dish! My husband and I really enjoyed it. As "tracyosborn" I also made small changes to accommodate weight watches. I will definitely make this again. It's a keeper."
"This is so good! We have made it two times since the Simple and Delicious magazine arrived a couple of weeks ago. Two meals for the two of us, extra points! Four servings is right for this recipe."
"Love, love, love this!I made some changes, small changes, to accomodate weight watchers. This is a great dish to try that with. I used crushed tomatoes instead of diced, I used whole wheat penne pasta, 1 tsp of olive oil and I only used one tablespoon of parmesan cheese on my single portion. This was delicious! This was filling! And this was a total do-over!"