Penne with Tomatoes & White Beans Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, trimmed
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-7 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Add spinach, olives, salt and pepper; cook and stir over medium heat until spinach is wilted. Drain pasta; top with tomato mixture and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Penne with Tomatoes & White Beans
Sort By :
FANTASTIC! My other half is a meat lover but even he told me to make this again.
This is a great dish! My husband and I really enjoyed it. As "tracyosborn" I also made small changes to accommodate weight watches. I will definitely make this again. It's a keeper.
This is so good! We have made it two times since the Simple and Delicious magazine arrived a couple of weeks ago. Two meals for the two of us, extra points! Four servings is right for this recipe.
Love, love, love this!
I made some changes, small changes, to accomodate weight watchers. This is a great dish to try that with. I used crushed tomatoes instead of diced, I used whole wheat penne pasta, 1 tsp of olive oil and I only used one tablespoon of parmesan cheese on my single portion. This was delicious! This was filling! And this was a total do-over!