Penne with Edible Flowers Recipe
Our home economists color a flavorful side dish with pretty purple chive blossoms and the petals of edible flowers. Serve this hot pasta dish with a variety of entrees.
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 6 chive blossoms, broken into florets
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 cup assorted edible flower petals
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Drain pasta. In a large bowl, toss the pasta, garlic, tomatoes, parsley, chive blossoms, chives and flowers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
3/4 cup: 187 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Penne with Edible Flowers
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC