Penne with Edible Flowers
Our home economists color a flavorful side dish with pretty purple chive blossoms and the petals of edible flowers. Serve this hot pasta dish with a variety of entrees.
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 6 chive blossoms, broken into florets
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 cup assorted edible flower petals
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small
- skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Drain pasta. In a large
- bowl, toss the pasta, garlic, tomatoes, parsley, chive blossoms,
- chives and flowers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 187 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.