Penne with Caramelized Onions Recipe
“This hearty recipe is a favorite of my fly-fishing buddies when we take our annual trip to British Columbia,” Paul Humphrey relates from Allyn, Washington. “The pine nuts are a delicious surprise.”
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 pitted Greek olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute pine nuts and garlic in butter until golden brown; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook onion in oil over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the olives, salt, basil, oregano and pepper. Drain pasta; add to onion mixture. Stir in feta cheese and pine nut mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 374 calories, 22 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 627 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Penne with Caramelized Onions
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC