Penne with Cannellini Beans Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring tomatoes and beans to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add spinach; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Drain pasta; top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 325 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 1056mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 7g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Penne with Cannellini Beans
"I add extra Italian Seasoning. Great for a light summer dinner."
"Pretty bland, and the sauce was too thin."