Penne with Cannellini Beans
Just five ingredients are all you’ll need for this meatless pasta created by Brenda Harrell of Joplin, Missouri. With spinach, beans and tomatoes, it’s so filling you’ll never miss the meat.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked Daily Chef Penne Rigate
Give flavor to your favorite Italian meals with premium Daily Chef Pasta.
Learn More >
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- saucepan, bring tomatoes and beans to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add spinach; cook and stir for 2 minutes
- or until spinach is wilted. Drain pasta; top with tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 325 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 1,056 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 15 g protein.