Penne with Cannellini Beans Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring tomatoes and beans to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add spinach; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Drain pasta; top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 325 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 1,056 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Penne with Cannellini Beans
"This was a great healthy quick supper after a long hot day at the playground and the pool with the kids, my husband ate 2 huge platefuls!I cooked the pasta with the tomatoes so it was not soupy at all since the pasta just soaked up the liquid. My daughter even liked it and she is picky."
"I add extra Italian Seasoning. Great for a light summer dinner."
"Pretty bland, and the sauce was too thin."