Just five ingredients are all you’ll need for this meatless pasta created by Brenda Harrell of Joplin, Missouri. With spinach, beans and tomatoes, it’s so filling you’ll never miss the meat.
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring tomatoes and beans to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add spinach; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Drain pasta; top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Penne with Cannellini Beans in Light & Tasty October 2005, p7
Reviews for Penne with Cannellini Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review