- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring tomatoes and beans to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add spinach; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Drain pasta; top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Penne with Cannellini Beans
Sort By :
This was a great healthy quick supper after a long hot day at the playground and the pool with the kids, my husband ate 2 huge platefuls!
I cooked the pasta with the tomatoes so it was not soupy at all since the pasta just soaked up the liquid. My daughter even liked it and she is picky.
I add extra Italian Seasoning. Great for a light summer dinner.
Pretty bland, and the sauce was too thin.