- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked penne pasta
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 3 cups fat-free meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in oil for 6-7 minutes. Add sausage; cook and stir until sausage is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and pasta.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 9 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Penne Sausage Bake
"Very good and easy to make."
"This was relatively quick to make, but the result was a dish that seemed like a lot of time went into. It was delicious and my husband had seconds (and we had leftovers for lunch). I will definitely be making this again!"
"This is definitely a keeper. This made a 9x13 pan for me although I didn't measure everything exactly just threw stuff in. I'll double the green peppers next time and add some mushrooms. I added some ground pepper, just a personal preference."
"Very satisfying and tasty. This is a great fall/winter dish."
"Have made this recipe many times for family & company, it is delicious! The only change I made was to use my own homemade tomato sauce.*****"
"Good recipe! Our family of four liked this, and It made enough that I can freeze half the casserole for another night. I will probably try adding minced garlic clove next time."