Penne Sausage Bake Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked penne pasta
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 3 cups fat-free meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in oil for 6-7 minutes. Add sausage; cook and stir until sausage is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and pasta.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 9 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Penne Sausage Bake(8)
Sort By :
Very good and easy to make.
This was relatively quick to make, but the result was a dish that seemed like a lot of time went into. It was delicious and my husband had seconds (and we had leftovers for lunch). I will definitely be making this again!
This is definitely a keeper. This made a 9x13 pan for me although I didn't measure everything exactly just threw stuff in. I'll double the green peppers next time and add some mushrooms. I added some ground pepper, just a personal preference.
Very satisfying and tasty. This is a great fall/winter dish.
Have made this recipe many times for family & company, it is delicious! The only change I made was to use my own homemade tomato sauce.*****
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Baked Turkey >
- Baking Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >