- 4 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked Daily Chef Penne Rigate
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen baby carrots
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen sugar snap peas
- 16 uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in pasta; cook for 7 minutes. Add carrots; cook for 4 minutes. Add peas; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until pasta and vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, saute shrimp and garlic in oil until shrimp turn pink. Reduce heat to medium; stir in the milk, broth, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and vegetables; add to shrimp mixture. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cheese. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Penne Primavera with Shrimp in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2010, p54
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Penne Primavera with Shrimp(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >