Penne Primavera with Shrimp Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen baby carrots
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen sugar snap peas
- 16 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in pasta; cook for 7 minutes. Add carrots; cook for 4 minutes. Add peas; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until pasta and vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, saute shrimp and garlic in oil until shrimp turn pink. Reduce heat to medium; stir in the cream, broth, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and vegetables; add to shrimp mixture. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Penne Primavera with Shrimp in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p15
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Penne Primavera with Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review