Penne Pasta Salad Recipe
I came up with this recipe one day while experimenting in my kitchen. This salad makes a great side dish with just about any kind of meat.
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon each dill weed, garlic salt and lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, onions and olives. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to the vegetables. Combine salad dressing and seasonings; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 320 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 608 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC