- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 6 to 8 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Add cream and broth; cook until sauce is slightly thickened and chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the Gorgonzola cheese, sage, salt and pepper; cook just until cheese is melted.
- Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Penne Gorgonzola with Chicken
"Gorgonzola cheese is too strong a flavor"
"This was amazing! My only changes were half&half and dried sage, as this is what I had on hand. I used the full amount of gorgonzola, and it was delicious!"
"If I could give this zero stars I would. It was too overpowered by the cheese and was not edible for my family. I'm usually very good at making recipes this was A complete waste of time and money ."
"Just made this and it was so yummy!! Boyfriend loved it too. Definitely recommend if you feel like eating a hearty rich cheesy delicious meal. Next time I will cut back on the gorgonzola just a bit, maybe 6 instead of 8 ounces. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Loved it! I used Vermouth instead of opening a new bottle of wine, and I substituted with fresh mozzarella. Cheesy, Creamy Goodness. Yum!!"