Penne Gorgonzola with Chicken Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 6 to 8 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Add cream and broth; cook until sauce is slightly thickened and chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the Gorgonzola cheese, sage, salt and pepper; cook just until cheese is melted.
- Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Penne Gorgonzola with Chicken(27)
Sort By :
I make this often.i have substituted smoked Gouda for the Gorgonzola and it is also very good. It is a keeper!
While the texture was perfect, the flavor was very, very rich. Too rich for my family. My mother-in-law liked it, I thought it was ok. My husband and children hated it. I probably won't make again.
This is awesome! I did use a little less Gorgonzola. The package I had was only 5 ounces, but I think that was enough. This is totally delicious. The fresh sage really adds to it.
I'm not a blue cheese fan but this was wonderful. My whole family loved it! I did leave out the sage leaves but I was brave and cooked it with the full amount of Gorgonzola. It was delicious. But if you're skittish about blue cheese you certainly could do a half & half thing with some mozzarella or another cheese. Or substitute it altogether. I think the overall experience would be just as good.
Everyone enjoyed it, but personally, I felt the Gorgonzola was a little overpowering. I think if I make it again, I'll do half the Gorgonzola and then add in another type of cheese.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >