"This fast, fresh-tasting side dish comes very close to a delicious treatment for pasta I enjoyed while in Italy," relates Dorothy Roche from Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. "You can also serve it with a green salad and toasted garlic bread for a light meal."
- 6 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, basil and salt; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Drain pasta and add to the skillet. Stir in cheese; heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Penne From Heaven in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p45
Reviews for Penne From Heaven
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review