Penne From Heaven Recipe
"This fast, fresh-tasting side dish comes very close to a delicious treatment for pasta I enjoyed while in Italy," relates Dorothy Roche from Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. "You can also serve it with a green salad and toasted garlic bread for a light meal."
- 6 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, basil and salt; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Drain pasta and add to the skillet. Stir in cheese; heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
One serving equals 188 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC