Penne From Heaven Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, basil and salt; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Drain pasta and add to the skillet. Stir in cheese; heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
1 each: 188 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Penne From Heaven
"SOOOO simple to make--lets you spend the time you need on the main course. Great flavor combo--my kids devour this. I do not use the mushrooms--other than that I do not have to make any adjustments--good as is written. Very Mediterranean in flavor!"
"Revolting! I thought the combination of ingredients sounded good, but it's terrible - I threw out the leftovers."
"I have made this recipe numerous time for my husband. It is one of his favorites. The only thing I do differently, is I use an 8oz container of feta cheese.Ronda"
"My husband and I love this recipe. It is easy to prepare and makes a great meal and a great lunch the following day. We do however, choose not to include the mushrooms since neither of us like them, but the recipe was still excellent."