Penne Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes Recipe
- 3-3/4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 jars (15 ounces each) sun-dried tomato Alfredo sauce
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 2 cups oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, chicken, tomatoes, mushrooms, green onions and pepper. Drain pasta; stir into chicken mixture. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 535 calories, 29 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 1,566 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.