“The use of precooked chicken and sauce that comes in a jar make this dish fast and easy to assemble.” The sun-dried tomatoes give this cheesy casserole a sophisticated feel; it's great for company. -Robin Klawinski of Eagle, Idaho
- 3-3/4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 jars (15 ounces each) sun-dried tomato Alfredo sauce
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 2 cups oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, chicken, tomatoes, mushrooms, green onions and pepper. Drain pasta; stir into chicken mixture. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Freeze Option: Before baking, cover and freeze casserole for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Penne Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p55
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Penne Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review