Penne Beef Bake Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 large green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- 1-1/2 cups Ragu® Light Parmesan Alfredo
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Cook penne according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the beef, zucchini, pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, Alfredo sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and garlic powder. Drain penne; stir into meat mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 395 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 805 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.