- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups cheddar french-fried onions, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat 5 minutes; drain. In a large bowl, combine milk and soup. Stir in 1/2 cup onions, 1/2 cup cheese, peas and sausage. Drain pasta; stir into sausage mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining onions and cheese. Bake, uncovered, 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Penne and Smoked Sausage
Sort By :
"Excellent recipe!! Very easy to make and it tastes fabulous! The first thing my husband said when we walked in the door from a long day at work was, "dinner smells great!" as he walked over to where it was cooling on the stove he said, "it looks great too!". I did omit the peas though, my two toddlers aren't a huge fan of them. :) Thanks for sharing this! It's very simple and doesn't hurt your wallet to make it!"
"Very good! Even my little brother who doesn't usually eat vegetables liked it. I used cheddar cheese and cream of chicken soup because that's what we had on hand."
"I added garlic & twice the amount of cheese and actually used a Monterey Jack blend. I also used frozen zucchini, squash, & red peppers in place of the peas."
"This was excellent"
"I had some smoked sausage and was tired of the same ole' same ole' and saw this recipe. At first I though, meh but then decided to give it a try based on the reviews. So very happy I did....This was really very,very good. Although I used elbows, because that's what I had and followed as is, I will be making this again!!"