Penne and Smoked Sausage Recipe
“This must-try casserole tastes so good when it’s hot and bubbly from the oven,” writes Margaret Wilson from Hemet, California. “The cheddar french-fried onions lend a cheesy, crunchy touch.”
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups cheddar french-fried onions, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat 5 minutes; drain. In a large bowl, combine milk and soup. Stir in 1/2 cup onions, 1/2 cup cheese, peas and sausage. Drain pasta; stir into sausage mixture.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining onions and cheese. Bake, uncovered, 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC