Penne and Smoked Sausage Casserole Recipe
“This must-try casserole tastes so good when it’s hot and bubbly from the oven,” writes Margaret Wilson from Hemet, California. “The cheddar french-fried onions lend a cheesy, crunchy touch.”—Margaret Wilson, Hemet, California
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups cheddar french-fried onions, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat for 5 minutes; drain. In a large bowl, combine milk and soup. Stir in 1/2 cup onions, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and sausage. Drain pasta; stir into sausage mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining onions and cheeses. Bake, uncovered, 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Penne and Smoked Sausage Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC