- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups cheddar french-fried onions, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat for 5 minutes; drain. In a large bowl, combine milk and soup. Stir in 1/2 cup onions, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and sausage. Drain pasta; stir into sausage mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining onions and cheeses. Bake, uncovered, 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Penne and Smoked Sausage Casserole
Sort By :
"Not too bad. Would make it again. Just added peas and carrots to mix, plus Italian seasoning and garlic powder for extra flavor. We all had seconds, and there's still some left over!"
"We loved it! Just make sure you read the directions all the way through, unlike myself"
"We enjoyed here at the house easy to make and fast to make forthose days you have a lot to do."
"I gave this recipe a spicy kick! I picked this recipe because it is baked in the oven. After readinng reviews and knowing my familys love of spice, I used the seasoning called for in another ToH recipe , Spicy Sauage and Penne. I added 1/2tsp each of garlic, ground mustard and red pepper flakes. WOW! it was a hit. Family did agree that french fried onions not needed. Taste, texture and heartiness of this recipe makes this a keeper in our house."
"I am not a fan. If you like macaroni and cheese with hot dogs, you will like this. Its a bit of a step up, but I am being kind about that. No thanks on this one."