Penne and Smoked Sausage Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked Daily Chef Penne Rigate
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups cheddar french-fried onions, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat for 5 minutes; drain. In a large bowl, combine milk and soup. Stir in 1/2 cup onions, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and sausage. Drain pasta; stir into sausage mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining onions and cheeses. Bake, uncovered, 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Penne and Smoked Sausage(3)
Sort By :
I am not a fan. If you like macaroni and cheese with hot dogs, you will like this. Its a bit of a step up, but I am being kind about that. No thanks on this one.
My family loves this recipe! It's very versatile - we've made it with different "cream" soups and meat. It's a favorite go-to meal when nothing else sounds good.
This was incredible! I work nights and am always looking for easy healthy recipes to make ahead for my husband. This was perfect, and my husband loved it. I did substitute the smoked sausage for beef sausage because our family does ot eat pork- but I got as similar as possible. This was an easy recipe, tasty, and easy adaptable.