Penne alla Vodka
This easy and impressive pasta is always on the menu when my husband and I have new friends over for dinner. Years later, they've asked me to make it again. —Cara Langer, Overland Park, Kansas
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into strips
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add
- garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add prosciutto; cook 2 minutes
- longer. Stir in tomatoes, vodka, salt and pepper flakes. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in cream; cook
- 2-3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta. Add pasta and cheese to sauce; toss to combine.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 504 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 966 mg sodium,