- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into strips
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add prosciutto; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in tomatoes, vodka, salt and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in cream; cook 2-3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta. Add pasta and cheese to sauce; toss to combine. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Penne alla Vodka
"Prepared as written. Great, Easy, 2 pan dish that is ready to eat in 30 minutes. Works for me!!!Thank you for sharing!"
"This sounds good! My dad is t2d so I need to reduce the sodium, sugar and carbs content. How would this be using half and half and whole grain pasta?"
"This is a keeper! For us, though, this recipe easily makes enough for 8 servings."
"This was great. Easy and quick to make. I like salt but I did not add any, as the recipe says, because I thought it was salty enough. Just before I served it I sprinkled mozzarella on top. Would definitely make this again."
"This was fantastic - my husband wants to have it every week!"