Penne alla Vodka Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces sliced pancetta, chopped
- 8 cans (8 ounces each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Hot cooked penne pasta
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add pancetta; cook and stir until slightly crisp. Stir in tomato sauce and vodka.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Add cream and heat through. Serve sauce with pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 7-1/2 cups.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Penne alla Vodka Sauce
Sort By :
Recipe did make way too much and I only made 1/2 recipe. I usually love vodka sauce but this one didn't do it for me.
What can I subtitute for the pancetta? I can't get that without driving quite a distance to the city.
Thanks for the helpful hints about how much penne to use. I can see that this recipe makes about 9 cups of sauce, for 10 servings. A pound of penne serves 8, according to the box. So, whatever, maybe we will have some great leftover sauce. :-)
The ingredients are similar to Pioneer Woman's but the proportions are quite different. PW uses 3/4 cup of vodka to 14 ounces of tomato sauce.
I used Shrimp, very good.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >