- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces sliced pancetta, chopped
- 8 cans (8 ounces each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Hot cooked penne pasta
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add pancetta; cook and stir until slightly crisp. Stir in tomato sauce and vodka.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Add cream and heat through. Serve sauce with pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 7-1/2 cups.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Penne alla Vodka Sauce
Sort By :
"Very good recipe, very easy to make. My husband and I loved it!"
"Recipe did make way too much and I only made 1/2 recipe. I usually love vodka sauce but this one didn't do it for me."
"What can I subtitute for the pancetta? I can't get that without driving quite a distance to the city."
"Thanks for the helpful hints about how much penne to use. I can see that this recipe makes about 9 cups of sauce, for 10 servings. A pound of penne serves 8, according to the box. So, whatever, maybe we will have some great leftover sauce. :-)"
"The ingredients are similar to Pioneer Woman's but the proportions are quite different. PW uses 3/4 cup of vodka to 14 ounces of tomato sauce."